One of my favourite bloggers Terrance Brown nominated me for his Sunshine award and I’m thrilled.
I’ve never heard of this before but it’s something bloggers give to other bloggers who they admire and appreciate the work of.
The rules: According to the rules, a nominee should:
• Thank the person who nominated you.
• Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
• Nominate other bloggers for the Sunshine Award.
• Write the same number of questions for the bloggers you nominated as you received with your nomination.
• Notify the bloggers you have nominated.
Terence’s questions with my answers:
1. What inspires you to be the person you see in the mirror?
Hmm. I want to live an authentic life and I enjoy being honest and deep and I want to live in accordance with my values and help change society and the world for the better. Also I’m curious as hell and love getting to the core route of problems. Did I answer that right?
2. What phrase or quote do you tell yourself when you’re in need of a self-peptalk?
If I remember, I love ‘This is it” to remind me that life is right now in this moment, and not in my head in the future or past. And I use the question “is this helpful?” When I’m thinking negatively.
3. What are you most grateful for?
I need to practice gratefulness more. As you know, I have depression and it’s very hard to feel grateful when I feel hopeless and empty. But today I’m having quite a good day and I’m grateful for chocolate in times of PMS and grateful for my boyfriends rolling ability.
4. What is your favourite post on your blog, and why? (Be sure to include a link)
My favourite is Acceptance = liberation (https://mindfuelstuff.wordpress.com/2015/01/04/acceptance-liberation). Acceptance is something I feel is insanely important for better mental health and less suffering, letting go of things you can’t change. Accepting who I am, my depression, my pain, my level of drumming ability, my level of photography ability. It’s about self compassion and I’m still trying and learning to do this. I think everyone would be better off if they were more self-compassionate and accepting of things they can’t change. Accepting it doesn’t mean I won’t improve my skills or situation, it just means I agree that this is here and it is what it is at this moment in time and not to fight the fact it’s here which doesn’t help anyone and just makes me suffer. So I liked getting my thoughts across to people in this article.
5. What awesome lifehack have you discovered recently that has made you more productive?
This is funny because being too productive is one factor that I believe lead to my depression. I’ve had to learn to slow down a lot and learn to listen to my feelings and know my limits. I was acting as an achievement machine – when really I was human all along. Whoops. Getting out of bed and getting shower can be big achievements for me on bad days.
6. If you could gain any superpower you wish, which would it be and why?
I really like the idea of being able to fly, but I’d probably be too scared to ever use the power! (what if I fall out of the sky? etc) Lol
My questions to my nominees:
1. Was there anything in particular that inspired you to start your blog?
2. What’s one of your favourite quotes at the moment?
3. What 1 or 2 books have impacted your mind positively?
4. What are you currently learning about or would like to learn about?
5. What do you like to do for fun?
6. Do you think having a consciousness can be a blessing and a curse?
My nominated blogs:
Terrance Brown: http://helpgrowchange.com/
Advanced life skills: http://advancedlifeskills.com/blog/
Always well within: http://alwayswellwithin.com/